Sunday 20 September 2015

 photo post-mark.png

Clean Eating | Indulgent, No-Bake Brownie Bites

I am a huge fan of making protein balls - they're quick, easy, indulgent and pack a huge nutrient punch. The recipe I'm about to share with you, is by far the most delicious I have ever created, I hope you love it too.




Calories Per Ball | 93

Ingredients
Protein Balls
110g Smooth Peanut Butter
25g Chia & Flax Seeds
23g Ground Almonds
15g Cacao Nibs
5g Purple Powder
5g Green Powder
5 Prunes
5g Coconut Blossom Nectar

Chocolate Coating
3 Squares 85% Dark Chocolate
10g Virgin Organic Raw Coconut Oil

Instructions
1. Mix all the Protein Ball Ingredients Together
Mix all the ingredients for the protein balls into a food processor, I personally use my favourite toy, the NutriBullet.



I love using supplement powders to optimise the nutritious impact of these protein balls. The two powders I utilise in this recipe are, Hion Purple Powder Slimberry Metablend and Hion Green Powder Ultimate Blend

Superfood Supplement Ingredients!
Purple Powder
Beetroot, Garcinia Cambogia, Bilberry, Flax Seed, Rosehip, Green Tea Extract, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Pomegranate, Cranberry Extract, Goji Berry, Green Coffee Bean Extract (50% CGA - *Chlorogenic acid), Acai Berry, Raspberry, Montmorency Cherry, Blueberry, Lingonberry Extract

Green Powder
Wheatgrass, Barley Grass, Maca Root, Flax Seed, Green Tea Extract, Lucuma, Spirulina, Chlorella, Baobab, Acai Berry, Raspberry Ketones





2. Shape the Mixture Into Balls
Time to get messy! The ingredients list I provided above makes roughly 15 servings, depending on size. I prefer mine bite-size, but there's no reason why you can't make yours bigger or smaller - but remember they're highly nutritious, but highly calorific!


3. Freeze
Time to pop your little creations into the freezer and get started on the chocolate coating

4. Melt Chocolate and Coconut oil
On a low heat, melt 85% dark chocolate and coconut oil until liquid and leave to cool


5. Time to dip!
Take your protein balls out of the freezer and start the process of coating them in your melted chocolate and place on grease-proof baking paper.

I normally use a fork to pick them up, or you can go for it and use your fingers to coat them




 6. EAT!
This is where I can't resist eating (at least) one right away, but if you have more patience than me, leave to cool and pop into a Tupperware dish for an indulgent, rich, nutritious, guilt free sweet-tooth satisfier!



I love this recipe because it's so simple, so fool-proof and so quick!

They remind me of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups (but, you know without the E322, Polyglycerol Polyricinoleate, Propyl Gallate, E330, Ascorbyl Palmitate...it also says they are *Produced from genetically modified Sugar Beets, Corn and/or Soy Beans). It's just another example of an easy, delicious recipe that allows you to enjoy and satisfy a sweet-tooth craving without bombarding your body with damaging chemicals and refined ingredients...Remember, there's always an alternative! 

I hope you enjoy this indulgent recipe, let me know if you tried it or if you have a go-to recipe that you love! 

Happy eating!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme